As a member of the International Pet and Animal Transportation Association, I recognize that in order to fulfill my obligations to the animals in my care, to my customers and to the animal transportation industry, my business must be governed by honorable standards and to represent and support IPATA's policies and procedures in a cordial manner, addressing any concerns in a professional and respectful way.
Therefore I pledge:
- To provide the highest standard of care for the animals entrusted to me, being constantly attentive to their security, safety and well-being, and to place their welfare above all other business concerns.
- To obey all applicable international, federal, state and local laws as well as licensing requirements governing animal care and transportation.
- To respect the issuing and registration of all patents, trademarks and copyrights.
- To deal professionally in accordance with the instructions from the hiring agent and honestly and fairly with my colleagues and with the general public.
- To pay all accounts due according to the terms agreed upon as well as to represent my products and services fairly and honestly.
- To avoid any slander or defamation of my colleagues and to avoid unfair competitive practices, actions or business practices in general which would result in dishonor upon or distrust of my colleagues or the animal transportation industry in general.
- To respond withing 30 days to any notification by the IPATA Ethics Committee of a filed complaint.