Last updated: June 17,2018
The International Pet and Animal Transportation Association operates http://www.ipata.org (the "Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name ("Personal Information").
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together, as follows:
- Identity Data includes [First name, middle name, last name, username, title, date of birth, gender, passport number, country of residence, and citizen country)
- Contact Data incudes [Street address, mailing address, email address, telephone and fax numbers, company websites]
- Financial Data includes [Bank account and payment card details]
- Transaction Data includes [details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us]
- Technical Data [internet protocol (IP) address, our login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website)]
- Profile Data includes [Your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, associations to which you belong, certifications, feedback and survey responses]
- Usage Data includes [information about how you use our website, products and services]
- Marketing and Communications Data includes [your preferences in receiving marketing from us and third parties and your communication preferences]
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
Third Party Links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
If You Fail To Provide Personal Data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How Is Your Personal Data Collected?
We use different methods to collect data from you and about you including through:
- Direct Interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Apply for IPATA membership
- Register for one of our events
- Request marketing or more information be sent to you
- Give us feedback
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties [and public sources]
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- Analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- Search information providers based inside OR outside the EU;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services based inside OR outside the EU;
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes For Which We Will Use Your Personal Data
We have set out below a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
To register you as a new member/customer
Performance of a contract with you
To process and deliver your order including: Manage payments, fees and charges; Collect and recover money owed to us
Performance of a contract with you and necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
Performance of a contract with you, necessary to comply with legal obligation, and necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep your records updated and study how members use our products/services)
To enable you to partake in a prize drawing, award / board member nomination, competition or complete a survey.
Performance of a contract with you and necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use or products/services, to develop them and grow our organization)
To administer and protect our organization and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
Necessary for our legitimate interests for running our organization, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business re-organization or group restructuring exercise)
To use data analytics to improve our website products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our organization and to inform our marketing strategy)
To make suggestions and recommendations to you about good or services that may be of interest to you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our organization)
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and the third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: International Pet and Animal Transportation Association (IPATA)
Name of Executive Director: Cherie Derouin
Postal Address: 1029 N. Beaulah Street, Hawkins TX 75765 USA
Telephone Number: +1 (903)769-2848
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Executive Director.