Recap 2019 IPATA 40th Anniversary Conference
The Challenges of Pet Shipping in a Connected World
International Pet And Animal Transportation Association members from all over the globe met in Chicago, Illinois November 1-5, 2019 to network and discuss pet shipping issues, social media, disaster preparedness, certification and compliance issues and many other animal wellness and care topics.
Speakers also presented information on the following topics in our educational sessions:
Running Social Media Instead of It Running You
- Running a Pro-Active Social Media Practice
- Centralising the Vaccination Record for Global Pet Transport
- Zoonoses: Threats During Transport
- Disaster Preparedness For Your Business & The Pets in Your Care
- Social Engineering—the Non-Technical Hack
Certification for Pet Shippers
- IATA's "CEIV Live Animals" Program: What Is It and How Does it Work
- An Inside Look at CEIV: The Value & Benefit from a Freight Forwarder's Perspective
- Certifications and Tools for Pet Shippers
- A Training Tool for New Employees: IATA's LAR Distance Learning Course
Inside the World of Animals
- Then & Now: Scientific Data & Its Impact on Animal Welfare Policie
- Snub-Nose Breeds: An Update on IPATA's R&D Project
- Illegal Wildlife Trafficking
- Animal Health & CBD in Animals
- Unusual Pets: Handling and Transport of Pocket Pets & Fish
- Recognising Stress During Pet Transport
- Challenges in Zoo and Aquarium Animal Transport: Rethinking How We Operate
- Mitigating Risk When Selecting Sub-Contractors
- How Industry Can Reduce Carbon Footprint (Carbon Neutral)
- The Puppy Smuggling Scandal; Challenges for Animal Health & Welfare
Alaska Air Cargo, American Airlines Cargo, Air Canada, Cargolux Airlines International S.A., Delta Air Lines, Emirates SkyCargo, Hawaiian Airlines, IAG Cargo, Lufthansa Cargo AG, United Pet Safe and Virgin Atlantic Airways were represented.
Valuable Networking Opportunities
Attendees had the unique opportunity to have one-on-one meetings with companies and airlines from around the world. These included American Airlines Cargo, Cargolux Airlines International SA, Emirates SkyCargo, Hawaiian Airlines, IAG Cargo, IPATA Executive Board, My Rover, Turkish Cargo, United Pet Safe and Virgin Atlantic Airways.
Saturday evening we visited Chicago's Tommy Gun's Garage, an Audience Interactive Speakeasy. After a delicious sit-down dinner, da gangsters and da flappers treated us to non-stop comedy with some interactive audience fun.
We were transported back to the 1920s, with Roaring Twenties music, memorabilia and pictures of da gangsters and coppers of da time. The mugs and molls sang and danced the Charleston and several of our members were pulled up on stage to perform.
IPATA's 40th Anniversary Gala was held at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago's Ballroom, which has been restored to reflect the look and feel of its original 1927 splendor, and has won numerous awards for architectural excellence.
We were transported to another era as we dined under the 26 foot ceilings and danced on the terrazzo dance floor. Like a scene out of Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby, the gilded jazz age of the Roaring 20s, the gala was a highlight of the conference, complete with cocktails, red carpet photos, dinner, awards ceremony and dancing.
A BIG thank you to all the sponsors who supported us this year. We couldn't have done it with out you!
Click below to view the digital version of the Anniversary Conference Program.
Timeline Art used during this memorable conference will be posted soon, so please check back!